CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

LINKY PARTIES!!!

Omgosh...if yall knew how many times I have tried to make this post, yall would all think I am nuts and that I have NO BUSINESS having a blog!!!  This is why it has taken me so long to get my blog going, but since my New Year's resolution is to become a better blogger, I will continue to attempt this post until I have accomplished it!!!

I have never been a part of a linky party before, so I thought this would be a great way to get my New Year's resolution going!  This first linky party I happened upon was TBA's Holiday Recipe Swap.  My recipe for this linky party is a tried and true recipe from our church recipe book!  I hope all of you enjoy it as much as we do!  I can really hurt myself eating these potatoes because they are sooooo good!!!

                                                         Cheesy Potatoes

1 bag Ore-Ida frozen hash browns,                                  1 1/4 sticks Margarine, melted
shredded                                                                             1/2 Onion, chopped finely
1 (8-oz.) Sour Cream                                                           8 slices American Cheese
1 can Cream of Chicken soup                                           1 cup Corn Flakes, crushed fine

Pour frozen hash browns into large greased baking casserole dish (9x13).  Salt and pepper lightly.  Add chopped onions, mix well.  Pour 1/2 melted margarine over frozen hash browns.  Set aside.  In large saucepan, stir in Cream of Chicken soup over medium heat.  Add cheese, mixing well.  When all cheese is melted, remove from heat.  Add sour cream, blending well.  Pour this mixture over potatoes in dish and mix well until all hash browns are coated with the cheesy mixture.  In a small bowl, mix remaining margarine and corn flakes until well coated.  Sprinkle over top of potatoes.  Bake at 350 degrees uncovered for 30 minutes.

                                                           

The next linky party I happened upon was the Cookie Exchange at Klinger Cafe'!  The cookies I am adding to this cookie exchange come from another Souther Gal...Paula Deen!!!  Yall, these cookies are TO DIE FOR!!!  Everytime I make them, everyone gobbles them up!  I can't wait for yall to try them out for yourselves!

                                            Paula's Ultimate Oatmeal Cookies 

1/2 cup (1stick) butter, softened              1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 cup vegetable shortening                  1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar      1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 eggs                                                        1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 cup buttermilk                                     1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour                     2 1/2 cups quick cooking oatmeal (not instant!)
1 teaspoon baking soda                           1 cup raisins
1/2 teaspoon salt                                       1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
1 teaspoon baking powder                       1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Brown Butter Icing:

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
3 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line cookie cheets with parchment paper or nonstick baking mats.

2.  Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter, shortening, and sugar at low speed util fluffy.  Add the eggs and beat until the mixture is light in color.  Add the buttermilk and mix to combine.

3.  Sift togethr the flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, and allspice.  At low speed, gradually add the dry ingredients.  Using a spatula, fold in the oatmeal, raisins, walnuts, and vanilla, blending well.  Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 1 1/2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.  Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.

4.  While the cookies are baking, make the icing: In a small saucepan, heat the butter over medium heat until golden brown, stirring occasionally.  Remove the saucepan from the heat; stir in the sugar and vanilla.  Stir in enough water (3 to 4 tablespoons) to make an icing of drizzling consistency.

5.  Remove the cookies to wire racks to cool.  Drizzle with Brown Butter Icing while the cookies are still warm.

Makes about 5 dozen

Go check out the rest of the delicious cookie recipes at the Klinger Cafe' Cookie Exchange!

                                                           

The last linky party I am linking to is Rowdy in First Grade's Holiday Recipe Linky Party.  This is a recipe that I just got right before Thanksgiving from a girl I teach with.  She made this for our Thanksgiving meal with the teachers at school!  It is DEICIOUS!!!!!!  I made it for Thanksgiving for my family, and they requested it for Christmas!  If you like artichokes, I know you are going to LOVE this!!!

                                                      Artichoke Dressing

3 jars quartered artichokes--drained                               1/2 cup olive oil
2 can French style green beans--drained                       1 large onion finely chopped
1 cup parmesan cheese                                                    4 cloves garlic finely chopped
1 1/2 cups Italian bread crumbs

1.  Saute garlic and onion in 1/4 cup oil
2.  Mix in green beans and artichoke hearts until well mixed
3.  Add 1 cup bread crumbs and parmesan cheese
4.  Add remainder of oil (1/4 cup)
5.  Spread into pan
6.  Top with remainder of bread crumbs (1/2 cup) and pats of butter
7.  Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes of until brown

                                                         

I hope yall enjoy all of my recipes and the wonderful recipes you can find on all of these pages!!!!  I'm definitely going to be using some of these recipes for my New Year's Eve party!!! 

3 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and low and behold found that you had linked up at MY blog now I have to go back and check out that yummy cookie recipe! Thanks for linking up and glad I found you too!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your recipes sound wonderful! Thanks for sharing. Many blogging blessings to you!

    Teaching Blog Addict
    ♥Teaching with TLC

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving these recipes! Thank you for sharing. I am also glad I found your blog...this was my design before my make-over. =)

    I am your newest follower! I would love for you to come visit me and grab some leprechaun *freebies*!


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete