CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 16, 2011

Day 2!!!

I have done nothing but think of my blog all day long!  As soon as I got to school I showed my students...of course they loved the fish!!!  Our school colors are red and black, hence the Hattie Watts fish swimming in my tank.  They wanted me to leave my blog page up so they could keep watching the fish...but that wasn't possible because we had a day loaded with learning and tests!

We have all been very excited at school today because we were recognized as a National Blue Ribbon School.  This is such a high honor and we are all so proud.  There are 2 different ways that a school can be recognized as a Blue Ribbon School, and we met both of those requirements.  One requirement was to have increased scores on high stakes testing for 3 consecutive years.  CHECK!  We met the 2nd requirement by becoming a High Poverty/High Performing School.  Forty percent of our high poverty students had to score high for high stakes testing...well...SEVENTY-FOUR PERCENT OF OURS DID!!!  Our students and our teachers have been working so hard, but we have to take our hats off to our awesome leader...our principal...Mrs. Niki Fryou!!!  She is STUPENDOUS!!!!!  Great leadership means everything!  

I will be "studying" a lot of blogs this weekend to see what types of posts are being made on the blogs that are A+ blogs...I want to become an A+ blog! 

No comments:

Post a Comment